- Customer Services Agent
- Operations Officer
- IT Support Analyst
- Compliance and Safety Officer
- Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
- Ground Handler/ Ramp Agent / Aircraft Handler
- Compliance Auditor
- Airport Systems Development Manager
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Aerodrome Safety Manager
- Compliance and Safety Officer (Fixed term contract – Maternity Cover)
- Capital Projects – Project Manager
- Capital Projects – Field Engineer
- Learning and Development Manager
Aerodrome Safety Manager
Farnborough Airport Limited (FAL) is the owner and operator of the UK’s only dedicated business aviation airport. FAL handles approximately a third of London’s business aviation traffic and is the largest in the UK. FAL owns and operates both the airport and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) facilities, making its integrated operations unique to the market. FAL has an iconic, state of the art infrastructure which is tailored to business aviation and focussed on delivering a world class customer experience. Over the years, FAL has been consistently recognised as the best FBO in Europe.
FAL operates alongside the Aviator Hampshire Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the perimeter of the airport and one of the best hotels in the area. Both companies are jointly owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA). MIRA is one of the largest infrastructure investors in the world and has an extensive track record in airport investment and ownership. From a leadership and business perspective, FAL and the Aviator Hampshire Hotel are managed together as a Group.
Farnborough Airport limited is an equal opportunities employer, promoting diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation.
What we are looking for:
The primary purpose of the Aerodrome Safety Manager (ASM) is to effectively manage, operate and continually develop an effective Safety Management System (SMS) to provide a systematic foundation for safety in aerodrome activities and to ensure that Farnborough airport remains complaint with its stated requirements. The role will have line management responsibility.
The SMS spans 10 elements which the ASM is either directly accountable for and/or is required to work in partnership with other managers to deliver, these include; regulation and guidance / hazard and risk assessment / polices, organisation and accountabilities / procedures, instructions, and controls / communication and involvement / training and competence / emergencies and business continuity / incident reporting and investigation / performance and governance / improvement and change management
About the role:
As the Aerodrome Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Operate and continually develop an effective Safety Management System to provide a systematic foundation for safety in all aerodrome activities
- Ensure the companies SMS framework aligns with the requirements outlined in ICAO Annex 19
- Provide a systematic approach to managing safety, including the necessary structure, accountabilities, policies and procedures as outlined in UK Civil Aviation Publication (CAP642)
- Maintain the principles and framework required to deliver an effective and safe aerodrome in conjunction with the OHSW management system
- Provide an environment that encourages safety best practice, prevents injury and avoids damage to the environment and/or property
- Set and allocate the aerodromes safety accountabilities and ensure everyone discharges their duties and obligations as required
- Act as the primary reference point for safety management issues
- Knowledge of safety concepts and oversight requirements, point of contact for regulatory agencies
- Drive an effective safety reporting culture which encourages a Just Culture, systematically review safety issues, identify hazards, risk assessment and delivery of mitigation actions. Report and coordination of MORs
- Safety performance monitoring and adherence to continuous improvement
- Staying current with safety regulation and compliance
- SMS document control in conjunction with the aerodromes operational Depts.
- Ensure Operational Policies and Procedures are in place, periodically reviewed and updated
- Clearly define for all staff their responsibilities for the delivery of aerodromes safety performance
- Ensure that staff are provided with adequate and appropriate training, are competent in safety matters, and are only allocated tasks commensurate with their skills
- Operate a safety risk management process to ensure that operational safety risks are reduced to be ‘As Low As Reasonably Practicable’ (ALARP)
- Record and review FAL’s safety performance against realistic objectives and/or targets and take appropriate action when required
- Ensure that appropriate safety information is provided to all aerodrome users and employees, and that people are aware of risk and relevant safety control measures. Demonstrate and provide leadership across third parties operating on the aerodrome to minimise risk
- Build an Airside Competency Framework, which sets out the required aerodrome training standards and maintain up to date and relevant training and assessment packages
- Working with business units to ensure that a robust training delivery mechanism is in place
About you: Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a senor safety role and leading a team
- Proven ability to think objectively, develop safety related strategies and provide dynamic leadership to drive operational safety improvements, working in partnership with others
- Working towards a professional qualification or evidence demonstrating continued personnel development
- Knowledge of the airport operational environment desirable
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum (pro-rata), plus statutory public holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme with matched contributions up to a set amount
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Company sick pay scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme and helpline
- Discount on accommodation and food/beverage at affiliated hotel and pub
- Access to discount and savings scheme
- You’ll also get all kinds of other great perks, like social events and special employee offers.
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
We will only contact successful applicants.