- Customer Services Agent
- Operations Officer
- IT Support Analyst
- Compliance and Safety Officer
- Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
- Ground Handler/ Ramp Agent / Aircraft Handler
- Compliance Auditor
- Airport Systems Development Manager
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Aerodrome Safety Manager
- Compliance and Safety Officer (Fixed term contract – Maternity Cover)
- Capital Projects – Project Manager
- Capital Projects – Field Engineer
- Learning and Development Manager
Capital Projects – Field Engineer
1. Business Overview
Farnborough Airport Limited (FAL) is the owner and operator of the UK’s only dedicated business aviation airport, Farnborough Airport (FAB). FAB handles approximately a third of London’s business aviation traffic and is the largest in the UK. FAL owns and operates both the airport and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) facilities at FAB, making its integrated operations unique to the market. FAB has iconic state-of-the-art infrastructure which is tailored to business aviation and focussed on delivering a world-class customer experience. Over the years, FAB has been consistently recognised as the best FBO in Europe.
FAB operates alongside the Aviator Hampshire Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the perimeter of the airport and a public house named The Swan. All three companies are jointly owned by Macquarie Asset Management (MAM). MAM is one of the largest infrastructure investors in the world and has an extensive track record in airport investment and ownership. From a leadership and business perspective, FAL, the Aviator Hampshire, and The Swan are managed together under common ownership as a Group.
The Group is committed to ensuring the highest standards of environmental performance and strives to be at the forefront on all matters relating to sustainability. It prides itself on customer service excellence, industry-leading safety, and compliance oversight, and not least, creating a great place to work for its people and its business partners.
The Group is an equal opportunities employer, promoting diversity, equality, and inclusion throughout its organisation.
2. Role Specification
Farnborough Airport is growing, and this is an exciting opportunity for a Field Engineer to be part of a high performing team building Farnborough’s future infrastructure.
The Field Engineer will play a key role in Farnborough’s future, supporting the Capital Project Team in the monitoring of construction related activity across a significant deck of multi-disciplinary projects in a live airport operational environment.
3. Employment Details
|Job Title:||Capital Projects – Field Engineer|
|Hours:||Full-time, office and site based|
|Bonus:||Annual based on performance|
4. Key Responsibilities & Duties
The Capital Projects – Field Engineer will be responsible for delivering successful projects that meet and exceed business requirements. The key responsibilities are:
- Deliver regular safety engagement (including safety tours, safety surveillance and safety performance reporting) across assigned project(s) and associated contractor(s) to support the development and maintenance of a culture of world class health, safety and environmental standards to deliver the highest levels of health, safety and environmental performance achievable.
- Review contractor Construction, Design & Management (CDM) and Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) submittals (including construction phase plans, risk assessments, methods statements and work permits) and monitor compliance against accepted plans.
- Review contractor Quality and Commissioning submittals (including Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and Daily Reports), reviewing quality and verifying content prior to submission to Programme Manager.
- Support the Capital Project Team in providing responses to Requests for Information (RFI), Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) and Change Control Documents as required. Ensuing that quality issues, including defects are processed and closed out in a timely manner.
- Contribute to Design Development sessions to evaluate design in terms of feasibility and risk.
- Inspect work within relevant disciplines to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, standards and statutory regulations. Produce engineering solutions/field sketches to resolve site-based queries, in conjunction with Capital Project Team.
- Coordinate with relevant operational leads to ensure all works are installed according to accepted design and all isolations and energisations of power supplies and mechanical plant are carried out by qualified and approved persons as per regulations and operating standards.
- Ensure accurately recorded as-built drawings of all construction works are provided and transferred to the Capital Project Team for review and sign-off.
5. Qualifications & Experience
Competence in the following areas is key to success:
- Qualified to Higher National Certificate (HNC) level or equivalent in construction management or engineering related discipline. Prior experience may be suitable.
- Experience as a Field Engineer on large, multi-disciplinary projects with a value typically more than £5m in a relevant industry highly desirable.
- Handover and project close out experience, and an associated understanding of Building Control requirements desirable.
- Good understanding of Health, Safety & Environmental issues associated with the Construction industry. Good experience of addressing Health, Safety & Environmental issues associated with construction industry highly desirable.
- Good practical problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of construction techniques and constructability issues.
- Good understanding of the monitoring and management of construction quality.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project).
- Experience of managing multiple, interfacing, concurrent projects desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction contracts (NEC/JCT) contracts desirable. Experience of preparation of Project Manager Instructions (PMI) and responses to Contractor Claims desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of airport environment desirable.
- Personal resilience and the ability to manage ambiguity.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card.
6. Core Competences
Minimum levels on the Farnborough Construction Competency Framework listed below: