- Customer Services Agent
- Operations Officer
- IT Support Analyst
- Compliance and Safety Officer
- Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
- Ground Handler/ Ramp Agent / Aircraft Handler
- Compliance Auditor
- Airport Systems Development Manager
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Aerodrome Safety Manager
- Compliance and Safety Officer (Fixed term contract – Maternity Cover)
- Capital Projects – Project Manager
- Capital Projects – Field Engineer
- Learning and Development Manager
Capital Projects – Project Manager
1. Business Overview
Farnborough Airport Limited (FAL) is the owner and operator of the UK’s only dedicated business aviation airport, Farnborough Airport (FAB). FAB handles approximately a third of London’s business aviation traffic and is the largest in the UK. FAL owns and operates both the airport and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) facilities at FAB, making its integrated operations unique to the market. FAB has iconic state-of-the-art infrastructure which is tailored to business aviation and focussed on delivering a world-class customer experience. Over the years, FAB has been consistently recognised as the best FBO in Europe.
FAB operates alongside the Aviator Hampshire Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the perimeter of the airport and a public house named The Swan. All three companies are jointly owned by Macquarie Asset Management (MAM). MAM is one of the largest infrastructure investors in the world and has an extensive track record in airport investment and ownership. From a leadership and business perspective, FAL, the Aviator Hampshire, and The Swan are managed together under common ownership as a Group.
The Group is committed to ensuring the highest standards of environmental performance and strives to be at the forefront on all matters relating to sustainability. It prides itself on customer service excellence, industry-leading safety, and compliance oversight, and not least, creating a great place to work for its people and its business partners.
The Group is an equal opportunities employer, promoting diversity, equality, and inclusion throughout its organisation.
2. Role Specification
Farnborough Airport is growing, and this is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to be part of a high performing team building Farnborough’s future infrastructure.
The Project Manager will play a key role in Farnborough’s future, leading the planning and execution of strategically important projects within a live airport operational environment. The Project Manager will be responsible for the technical, commercial and financial management of the project(s) to deliver to the project and overall business objectives.
|Job Title:||Capital Projects – Project Manager|
|Hours:||Full-time, office and site based|
|Bonus:||Annual based on performance|
4. Key Responsibilities & Duties
The Capital Projects – Project Manager will be responsible for delivering successful projects that meet and exceed business requirements. The key responsibilities are:
- Lead and manage the project team in the design, procurement, construction, delivery, and handover of the project to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a culture of world class health, safety, and environmental standards across the project and its associated contractors to deliver the highest levels of health, safety and environmental performance achievable.
- Lead the identification and mitigation of risks that may adversely impact project delivery or adversely affect airport operations through the project/programme lifecycle.
- Deliver the assigned project to defined cost, schedule, and quality requirements, leading the successful handover of assigned projects to the Operational Departments.
- Lead the development of internal and external project team; set standards, manage, motivate, coach and mentor staff within the team.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to this role, including all standards and code compliance, and required planning permissions.
- Manage and positively influence key stakeholders (both internal & external) associated with the project.
- Lead the Lessons Identified process across all projects and embed a culture of continuous improvement.
5. Qualifications & Experience
Competence in the following areas is key to success:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in project management, architecture, engineering, or construction related field.
- Practitioner level in project management (e.g., APMP Project Management Qualification or PRINCE2 Practitioner).
- Experience (typically associated with three years’ experience) as a Project Manager on projects with a value typically more than £5m in a relevant industry including experience leading teams and managing external suppliers.
- Experience of managing multiple, interfacing, concurrent projects desirable.
- Experience in leading infrastructure projects in a live operational environment desirable.
- Strong & demonstrable leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong practical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage complex stakeholder requirements.
- Sound commercial and financial awareness. Knowledge and understanding of construction contracts (NEC/JCT) contracts desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract administration and negotiations.
- Knowledge and understanding of airport environment desirable.
- Personal resilience and the ability to manage ambiguity.
6. Core Competences
Minimum levels on the Farnborough Construction Competency Framework listed below: