- Flight Operations Officer
- IT Support Analyst
- Occupational Health and Safety Business Partner
- Ground Handler/ Ramp Agent / Aircraft Handler
- Sustainability Officer
- Safety Officer (Fixed term contract – Maternity Cover)
- Capital Projects – Project Manager
- Capital Projects – Graduate/Junior Project Manager
- Capital Projects – Project Safety & CDM Practitioner
- Compliance Coordinator
Capital Projects – Project Manager
Farnborough Airport Limited (FAL) is the owner and operator of the UK’s only dedicated business aviation airport. FAL handles approximately a third of London’s business aviation traffic and is the largest in the UK. FAL owns and operates both the airport and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) facilities, making its integrated operations unique to the market. FAL has an iconic, state of the art infrastructure which is tailored to business aviation and focussed on delivering a world class customer experience. Over the years, FAL has been consistently recognised as the best FBO in Europe.
FAL operates alongside the Aviator Hampshire Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the perimeter of the airport and one of the best hotels in the area. Both companies are jointly owned by Macquarie Asset Management (MAM). MAM is one of the largest infrastructure investors in the world and has an extensive track record in airport investment and ownership. From a leadership and business perspective, FAL and the Aviator Hampshire Hotel are managed together as a Group.
Farnborough Airport limited is an equal opportunities employer, promoting diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation.
What we are looking for
Farnborough Airport is growing, and this is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to be part of a high performing team building Farnborough’s future infrastructure.
The Project Manager will play a key role in Farnborough’s future, leading the planning and execution of strategically important projects within a live airport operational environment. The Project Manager will be responsible for the technical, commercial and financial management of the project(s) to deliver to the project and overall business objectives.
About this role:
- The Capital Projects – Project Manager will be responsible for delivering successful projects that meet and exceed business requirements. The key responsibilities are:
- Lead and manage the project team in the design, procurement, construction, delivery, and handover of the project to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a culture of world class health, safety, and environmental standards across the project and its associated contractors to deliver the highest levels of health, safety and environmental performance achievable.
- Lead the identification and mitigation of risks that may adversely impact project delivery or adversely affect airport operations through the project/programme lifecycle.
- Deliver the assigned project to defined cost, schedule, and quality requirements, leading the successful handover of assigned projects to the Operational Departments.
- Lead the development of internal and external project team; set standards, manage, motivate, coach and mentor staff within the team.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to this role, including all standards and code compliance, and required planning permissions.
- Manage and positively influence key stakeholders (both internal & external) associated with the project.
- Lead the Lessons Identified process across all projects and embed a culture of continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
Competence in the following areas is key to success:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in project management, architecture,
engineering, or construction related field.
- Practitioner level in project management (e.g., APMP Project Management Qualification or PRINCE2 Practitioner).
- Experience (typically associated with three years’ experience) as a Project Manager on projects with a value typically more than £5m in a relevant industry including experience leading teams and managing external suppliers.
- Experience of managing multiple, interfacing, concurrent projects desirable.
- Experience in leading infrastructure projects in a live operational environment desirable.
- Strong & demonstrable leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong practical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage complex stakeholder requirements.
- Sound commercial and financial awareness. Knowledge and understanding of construction contracts (NEC/JCT) contracts desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract administration and negotiations.
- Knowledge and understanding of airport environment desirable.
- Personal resilience and the ability to manage ambiguity.
Minimum levels on the Farnborough Construction Competency Framework listed below:
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum (pro-rata for part time roles), plus statutory public holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Access to medical plan including a range of private treatments (after probation period)
- Sustainable travel scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme and helpline
- Discount on accommodation and food/beverage at affiliated hotel and pub
- Access to discount and savings scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme (after 9 months service)
- You’ll also get all kinds of other great perks, like social events and special employee offers.
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
We will only contact successful candidates