Facilities Support Co-Ordinator
Farnborough Airport, Hampshire
Farnborough Airport, conveniently located near the heart of London, is Europe’s finest facility dedicated exclusively to business aircraft. Historic site of the famous Airshow, the airport has been developed to be the most modern and state of the art facility dedicated to business aviation in Europe.
Farnborough Airport Limited is seeking to recruit a Facilities Support Co-Ordinator to join our Facilities team.
The Facilities Team at Farnborough Airport are responsible for making sure that our buildings, infrastructure and services meet the needs of the people that work in them and for ensuring that the environment across the campus is maintained to a high standard, and for promoting good relationships with our tenants.
The Facilities Support Co-Ordinator will provide best in class customer service to the airports tenants and will ensure that tenant occupied buildings remain in a good condition and that all property and preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed as per the agreed lease conditions. This will involve supporting the Facilities Manager with the management of building services, property maintenance and equipment inspections across all of the airports assets and for coordinating the activities and rota’s of the inhouse facilities team.
Additional responsibilities include the procurement of services from contractors, for ensuring that all the necessary safety requirements/standards are met/in place prior to any works commencing and for processing invoices, raising purchase orders and carrying out data analysis on building systems energy usage to drive a culture of continuous improvement with regards to building efficiency and energy reduction initiatives.
- To support with the management of building services, property maintenance, mechanical/ electrical systems and small projects on site
- Establish a strong working relationship with the airports tenants and to provide best in class customer service. To take ownership of any problems / issues that are raised by our tenants and to respond and resolve any issues in a professional and timely manner
- Create and manage the Facilities Team roster ensuring that it is compliant with the working time directive and that duties are fairly distributed across the team. Monitor absence, sickness and leave levels as per the Companies Policy’s and compile/complete the necessary departmental monthly reports
- Play a key role in maintaining the Safety of everyone involved or who may be touched by the activities of the Facilities department.
- Support with the procurement of contractors and other external support requirements and for the ongoing contract management of contractors from the point at which a contract is awarded. Ensure that all documentation is completed as per the legal requirements of the role they are being contracted to and that any necessary Health & Safety processes and/ or documentation is in place, valid and compliant with current regulation
- Work with the Sustainability and Airfield Technical Services teams to ensure all facilities activities are joined up and to ensure that there are no conflicting programmes of work
- To support the ongoing management of departmental budgets and cost controls
- To provide any additional support to the Facilities Manager as deemed reasonable to ensure that the department remains efficient and effective
- Adhere to Compliance & Safety standards and Environmental policies/guidelines at all time
- Have a flexible approach to working to fit in with the needs of the airports opening hours
As the Facilities Support Co-ordinator you will be required to work across the whole of the Farnborough Airport’s campus and for liaising with key stakeholder at these locations.
Proficient in working in back of house areas such as construction sites, plant rooms as appropriate and for ensuring that contractors work in a safe and complaint manner at all times as per FAL H&S guiding principles
Highly motivated, with the ability to work under pressure in a multi stakeholder environment. Own problems and providing outstanding levels of customer service
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good standard of education, determined and tenacious
- Proven background in providing excellent customer service in a service industry
- A background in Facilities Management and a good working knowledge of the industry and supporting trades
- Knowledge of Microsoft software and well versed in Word / Excel / Powerpoint.
- Able to produce and analyse data
- A good working knowledge of health and safety legislation (further training can be provided)
- An inquisitive and challenging Team player
A full clean driving licence is required.
Benefits include competitive salary plus bonus, pension, life assurance, 24 days holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
WE WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ONLY.