Group Corporate Responsibility Manager
1. Business Overview
Farnborough Airport Limited (FAL) is the owner and operator of the UK’s only dedicated business aviation airport, Farnborough Airport (FAB). FAB handles approximately a third of London’s business aviation traffic and is the largest in the UK. FAL owns and operates both the airport and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) facilities at FAB, making its integrated operations unique to the market. FAB has iconic state-of-the-art infrastructure which is tailored to business aviation and focussed on delivering a world-class customer experience. Over the years, FAB has been consistently recognised as the best FBO in Europe.
FAB operates alongside the Aviator Hampshire Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the perimeter of the airport and a public house named The Swan. All three companies are jointly owned by Macquarie Asset Management (MAM). MAM is one of the largest infrastructure investors in the world and has an extensive track record in airport investment and ownership. From a leadership and business perspective, FAL, the Aviator Hampshire, and The Swan are managed together under common ownership as a Group.
The Group is committed to ensuring the highest standards of environmental performance and strives to be at the forefront on all matters relating to sustainability. It prides itself on customer service excellence, industry-leading safety, and compliance oversight, and not least, creating a great place to work for its people and its business partners.
The Group is an equal opportunities employer, promoting diversity, equality, and inclusion throughout its organisation.
2. Role Specification
The role of Group Corporate Responsibility Manager (GCRM) will develop, own and champion the Corporate Responsibility agenda for the Group.
Looking across Farnborough Airport, the Aviator Hampshire and the Swan, the role will work with the Company’s specialists in Sustainability, People, Safety & Compliance, Purchasing, Capital Projects, Operations, Ground Handling and Marketing, to develop a cohesive and proactive approach to Corporate Responsibility.
In addition, through the bringing together of internal and external stakeholders, the GCRM will be expected to tangibly improve the Group’s CSR credentials, both in substance and perception.
3. Employment Details
The role of Group Corporate Responsibility Manager reports into the CEO of Farnborough Airport. This role is full time and offers a competitive salary and benefits package including an annual bonus based on performance.
4. Key Responsibilities & Duties
The GCRM will be responsible for developing, owning, and championing the Corporate Responsibility agenda for the Group, encompassing Farnborough Airport, the Aviator Hampshire, and the Swan. The key responsibilities are:
- To develop the strategy and narrative for the Group’s Corporate Responsibility programme
- To collaborate with the specialist teams in departments such as Sustainability, People, Purchasing and Safety & Compliance, as well as the teams at the Aviator and Swan, to bring together and further build-upon the Group’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities
- To initiate, develop and own all content and messaging to internal and external stakeholders around Corporate Responsibility, including:
– Being responsible for developing Corporate Responsibility content and narrative that can be shared on a regional, national, and global basis
– Supporting the CEO on all activities relating to Corporate Responsibility including the preparation of briefing notes, research data, presentation materials and media responses
– Collaborating with the Marketing Team and PR Agency to help identify and leverage appropriate channels that support and promote the Group’s Corporate Responsibility credentials and brand (including social media, sponsorship opportunities and community engagement activities)
– Working with the Finance Team to ensure the Group’s Walker Reporting requirements are consistent and appropriately positioned
– From time-to-time, representing the Group on Corporate Responsibility matters in industry forums, external events and with the media, where appropriate
- To re-energise and revamp the Company’s online presence with regards to Corporate Responsibility, including owning all the content on a new dedicated area of the Company’s website for Corporate Responsibility, encapsulating everything the Group does in this respect and supporting the Group’s stated strategy, not least in relation to: an Employer of Choice and Responsibility, a Sustainability Showcase and a Leader in Safety and Compliance
- To interact with customers, operators, suppliers, and business partners to develop an ‘airport community’ perspective on Corporate Responsibility which can be used to further promote the Group’s positioning
- To work with Procurement and other departments to ensure the Group’s Corporate Responsibility objectives are considered when procuring products and services
- To be responsible for the airport’s annual Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) submission and work with departments to radically improve the Company’s score and peer group position
- To be familiar with the Group’s GDPR position with regards to compliance and best practice and where required assume specific responsibilities
- To interact and collaborate with the Shareholders, the Board, the HSSER, the Management Leadership Group (MLG), business partners, employees, community groups, politicians and industry bodies, championing and promoting Corporate Responsibility
- To assume an active involvement in the Farnborough Aerodrome Consultative Committee (FACC) and work with local authority and community stakeholders
There are no precise boundaries to define Corporate Responsibility, and part of the role is to determine the breadth and scope of the opportunity for the Group, however it is expected to cover:
- Sustainability and environmental performance
- Social and employment matters
- Governance best practice
- Economic contribution and impact
The ultimate objective is for the Group to be recognised as a leader in its Corporate Responsibility endeavours, which in turn will support the Group’s growth and success.
The role offers potential for career progression to the right candidate.
5. Core Competences
The GCRM will be expected to create energy, drive, and excitement around the Group’s Corporate Responsibility strategy, being the champion and advocate of the Group’s positioning in this regard. Competence in the following areas is key to success:
- CSR, ESG and Content/Project Management
- Corporate Affairs and External Stakeholder engagement
- Proven communicator with internal and external colleagues at all levels
- Demonstrable commitment and a positive attitude towards CSR and ESG
- Hard-working, self-starter and motivated by results
- Ability to influence peers to drive engagement and deliver change
6. Qualifications & Experience
- Likely to have gained experience in working in a blue-chip environment or publicly listed company with significant CSR/ESG obligations and reporting requirements
- Proven track record and hands-on experience in several of the key areas of responsibility, gained ideally in both the aviation and hospitality sectors
- Experience of managing and building effective and respected relationships with stakeholders and teams
- Relevant qualifications in either sustainability, communications, corporate affairs, and/or public relations encouraged
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for in the email subject line, by Friday 12th November 2021.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close for applications before the closing date.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.