Operational Health and Safety Coordinator
Farnborough Airport, conveniently located near the heart of London, is Europe’s finest facility dedicated exclusively to business aircraft. Historic site of the famous Airshow, the airport has been developed to be the most modern and state of the art facility dedicated to business aviation in Europe.
We are recruiting an Operational Health and Safety Coordinator whose responsibilities will be to perform administrative, analytical and investigative functions to develop, maintain and promote the highest standards of Health and Safety Management.
- Coordinating and managing the receipt process of safety reports; and provide feedback to the reporter
- Assisting with the day to day running of the Occupational Health, Safety & Wellbeing management system.
- Performing safety investigations in accordance with defined protocols to identify effective interventions
- Monitoring the implementation and effectiveness of control measures following safety events
- Performing analysis of safety events and associated causal factors against defined taxonomy to identify and communicate adverse trends
- Assisting the Head of Safety and Compliance with the development and management of Safety documentation
- Assisting with the implementation of the Internal OHS&W Audit Program.
- Assisting with the promotion of Health and Safety issues within the company and to customers, through the use of appropriate media
- Supporting Safety Action Groups (SAGs) with analytical data, where necessary;
- Monitoring and coordinate the response to Health and Safety findings/incidents so that they are closed within the agreed timescales
- Any other function as deemed necessary and suitable by the Head of Safety and Compliance
- Adhere to Health & Safety standards and Environmental policies/guidelines at all time
- Charing Local Occupational Health & Safety Meeting (LOHSM)
- Be forward thinking and innovative in approach to manage any Health and safety concerns
- Actively challenge colleague to work safely
Qualification and Educational requirements:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent, preferably in an Health and Safety-related discipline
- NEBOSH (or equivalent experience)
- IOSH (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 2 years working in an airport or airline environment; or
- minimum 2 years working in a Health and safety environment
Benefits include competitive salary plus bonus, pension, life assurance, Health Cash plan, 24 days holiday.
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
We will only contact successful candidates
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES