Farnborough Airport, Hampshire
Farnborough Airport, conveniently located near the heart of London, is Europe’s finest facility dedicated exclusively to business aircraft. Historic site of the famous Air Show, the airport has been developed to be the most modern and state of the art facility dedicated to business aviation in Europe.
Farnborough Airport Limited is seeking to recruit a Sustainability Manager to join our Sustainability team. The Sustainability Manager is a key position in supporting the continued growth of the business. The role will cover accountability for managing all aspects of day to day sustainability, including the running of the Environment Management System together with internally and externally based sustainable initiatives.
• Uphold all environmental requirements of the S106 Planning Agreement.
• Manage the EMS, to include policies, aspect assesment and ranking, compliance, communications, maintenance, non-compliance monitoring, reporting and auditing; to ensure continued ISO14001 certification.
• Manage all aspects of the business that fall within the scope of the EMS, including air quality, pollution / contamination control (air, water, land), noise and community annoyance, waste management, energy use, and biodiversity.
• Identify and develop opportunities for use of other standards and their integration with ISO14001.
• Assist in developing policy and framework (policy, strategy, action plan) across the three pillars of Sustainability to include enhanced performance reporting .
• Assist in refining leading and lagging KPIs for regular reporting at key governance forums in relation to EMS and sustainability functions.
• Participate in relevant governance forums to identify best-practice, make recommendations and support improvements in sustainable performance across the group.
• Identify training opportunities for managers role and new junior recruits to the department.
• Manage and or support key modelling processes and reporting mechanisms, including carbon footprint, noise, and third-party risk modelling
• Support all statutory reporting across the Sustainability spectrum including the Finance team and assist in providing annual GHG data for the statutory accounts.
• Manage community engagement in terms of noise and other annoyance issues and participate in wider community engagement developments (policy, strategy, action plan) and associated forums
• Work with all teams across the airport and wider airport group to drive performance in sustainability.
• Manage departmental budgets in accordance with company process.
- Experience of business related environmental impact and the management of ISO standards.
- An understanding of operational environments and the use of policy and procedure in their management.
- Problem solving skills, able to logically evaluate siuations and develop improvement strategies
- Good communicator capable of dealing with colleagues and other stakeholders across all levels, comfortable working with the wider community and representing the business publically.
- Time management and organisation skills appropriate to a diverse working spectrum.
- Demonstrable skill in applying accuracy and attention to detail with data and reporting functions.
- Degree or equivalent in a discipline associated with Environment /Sustainability
- A minimum of three years experience in a Sustainibility led role
- Valid UK drivers’ licence (candidate needs to be over 21 years old for insurance reasons)
Benefits include competitive salary plus bonus, pension, life assurance, 24 days holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata).
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
Jack Metcalfe –
WE WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ONLY.