Farnborough Airport, Hampshire
Farnborough Airport, conveniently located near the heart of London, is Europe’s finest facility dedicated exclusively to business aircraft. Historic site of the famous Air Show, the airport has been developed to be the most modern and state of the art facility dedicated to business aviation in Europe.
Farnborough Airport Limited is seeking to recruit a Sustainability Officer to join our Sustainability team. The Sustainability Officer is responsible for undertaking a range of monitoring and auditing duties on and around the Airport and administering documents and databases in relation to the Environment Management system (EMS) and wider sustainability initiatives. The role requires support to the Sustainability Manager on all key areas of the EMS, including air quality, pollution / contamination control (air, water, land), noise and community annoyance, waste management, energy use, and biodiversity, with a combination of outdoor and office based work.
- Maintain and update all EMS databases (Complaints, Infringements, Waste Performance, Spill Responses, etc).
- Routine flight auditing, carrying out infringement notification when appropriate.
- Routine field data collection for environmental monitoring purposes (air quality, water quality, noise, waste disposal, etc).
- EMS Administrative support where required
- Assist in data collection and processing for environmental initiatives to include Noise Modelling, Carbon Footprinting, Travel Planning
- Assist in outdoor work including attending environmental incidents, biodiversity matters and waste management issues.
- Facilitating the access requirements of service providers involved in EMS-led maintenance programs
The Sustainability Officer is responsible for undertaking a range of monitoring and auditing duties on and around the Airport and maintaining all databases in relation to the Environment Management system (EMS). The role requires support to the Sustainability Manager on all key areas of the EMS, including waste management, noise and community annoyance, pollution control and biodiversity, with a combination of outdoor and office-based work throughout the year.
- An understanding of UK & global environmental and wider sustainability issues.
- Good communicator, both written and verbal, capable of dealing with a range of personnel, from colleagues and service providers to members of the public, in a professional and concise manner.
- Time management and organisation skills.
- Computer literate as the role involves producing comprehensive data inputs into reports and working with Excel in particular.
- Able to complete an airside driving course and use radio telephony
- An ability to demonstrate accuracy when dealing with statistics and environmental data.
- Degree or equivalent in scientific discipline
- Valid UK drivers’ licence (candidate needs to be over 21 years old for insurance reasons)
Benefits include competitive salary plus bonus, pension, life assurance, 24 days holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
Jack Metcalfe –
WE WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ONLY.