- Flight Operations Officer
- IT Support Analyst
- Occupational Health and Safety Business Partner
- Ground Handler/ Ramp Agent / Aircraft Handler
- Sustainability Officer
- Safety Officer (Fixed term contract – Maternity Cover)
- Capital Projects – Project Manager
- Capital Projects – Graduate/Junior Project Manager
- Capital Projects – Project Safety & CDM Practitioner
- Compliance Coordinator
Farnborough Airport Limited (FAL) is the owner and operator of the UK’s only dedicated business aviation airport. FAL handles approximately a third of London’s business aviation traffic and is the largest in the UK. FAL owns and operates both the airport and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) facilities, making its integrated operations unique to the market. FAL has an iconic, state of the art infrastructure which is tailored to business aviation and focussed on delivering a world class customer experience. Over the years, FAL has been consistently recognised as the best FBO in Europe.
FAL operates alongside the Aviator Hampshire Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the perimeter of the airport and one of the best hotels in the area. Both companies are jointly owned by Macquarie Asset Management (MAM). MAM is one of the largest infrastructure investors in the world and has an extensive track record in airport investment and ownership. From a leadership and business perspective, FAL and the Aviator Hampshire Hotel are managed together as a Group.
Farnborough Airport limited is an equal opportunities employer, promoting diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to recruit a Sustainability Officer to join our Sustainability Department and play an important role in the sustainable development of the Airport.
About the role:
The Sustainability Officer is responsible for undertaking a range of monitoring and auditing duties on and around the Airport and managing documents and databases in relation to the Environment Management system (EMS) and wider sustainability initiatives. The role requires support to the Sustainability Manager on all key areas of the EMS, including but not limited to air quality, pollution / contamination control (air, water, land), noise and community annoyance, waste management, energy use, and biodiversity, with a combination of outdoor and office-based work
Updating all EMS documents and databases (complaints, infringements, waste performance, spill responses, etc as required).
- Assisting with internal and external EMS auditing processes.
- Flight auditing and procedural infringement notification to operators including liaising with ATC.
- Field data collection for environmental monitoring purposes (air quality, water quality, noise, waste disposal, etc).
- Data collection and processing for sustainability initiatives to include noise modelling, carbon foot printing, travel planning, net zero, waste management.
- Attending and reporting on environmental incidents.
- Assisting with sustainability matters including biodiversity and waste management issues.
- Facilitating requirements of service providers/third party contractors/tenants.
- Assist in administration of document management and statutory reporting requirements.
- Assisting with local government planning applications.
- Manage the external complaints process.
- Participate in Tenant meetings and liaise directly with tenants and their environmental activities.
- Attendance at meetings/workshops as required.
- Work with all teams across the airport and wider airport group to drive performance in sustainability.
- Formal qualifications in a scientific discipline or Sustainability/Environment (or relevant experience.)
- Experience/understanding of working under the principles of ISO14001.
Training and Knowledge
- Understanding of Aviation environments and experience in Air Traffic Procedures is desirable but not essential.
- A fair understanding of current UK & global environmental and wider sustainability issues.
- Problem solving skills, able to logically evaluate situations.
- Good communicator capable of dealing with colleagues and other stakeholders across all levels, comfortable working with the wider community and representing the business publicly.
- Time management and organisation skills appropriate to a diverse working environment.
- Demonstrable skill in applying accuracy and attention to detail with data and reporting functions.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum (pro-rata), plus statutory public holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Access to medical plan including a range of private treatments (after probation period)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme (after 9 months of employment)
- Sustainable travel scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme and helpline
- Discount on accommodation and food/beverage at affiliated hotel and pub
- Access to discount and savings scheme
- You’ll also get all kinds of other great perks, like social events and special employee offers
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
We will only contact successful applicants.