Visitor Privacy Notice
Why are we providing this notice for you?
As a visitor to Farnborough Airport, we may need to hold certain information about you (your ‘Personal Data’). This notice will inform you about the data we hold about you and how we use it. It has been prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
You have certain rights, including how to get a copy of your data, how to get it corrected or deleted, and how to complain. These rights are set out in more detail below.
Please note that on occasions we may process “special categories” of information about you, e.g. data concerning health.
What personal data do we hold?
As part of your visit to Farnborough Airport we store and use your personal details and information about your visit for the purposes of managing and operating Farnborough Airport.
We use CCTV at our site and body cameras for the purposes of crime prevention, security and health and safety and, accordingly, will capture imagery of visitors to the Airport.
The following points give you an indication of the personally identifiable data we could ask for and hold about you depend on your reason for visiting Farnborough Airport and how long / how often you may be visiting us:
- Contact details: including name, and vehicle details.
- Identifying details: proof of ID (see separate privacy notice)
- Name of the person you are visiting and the company.
The main legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data?
- We have a legitimate interest in wishing to interact with you to manage and operate our Airport effectively and to ensure that the Airport is safe and secure for all persons visiting; and
- To be able to do so, we need to understand details of who is on site and to be able to communicate with them.
Where we are required by law to hold certain records, then we collect and hold those records to comply with that legal obligation.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have several rights over your personal information, which are:
- the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal data is being used – please refer to the ICO’s website for further information about this – https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
- the right to ask us what personal information about you we are holding and to have access to a copy of your personal information.
- the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information.
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where our use of your personal information is based on your consent and we have no other legal basis to use your personal information, to ask us to delete your personal information.
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need your personal information, to request that we restrict the use that we are making of your personal information.
- the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you; and
- the right, where our use of your personal information is carried out for the purposes of an agreement with us and is carried out by automated means, to ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
How do we share your personal data?
We do not store or transfer your personal data outside the EEA and we do not pass your personal information to organisations for marketing or sales purposes.
How long do we keep your personal data?
A minimum of 1 year after pass expiry.
Who can you contact?
If you have any questions regarding your information or anything contained within this Privacy Notice, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Farnborough Airport Ltd
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed IT Governance Europe Limited to act as our EU representative. If you wish to exercise your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), or have any queries in relation to your rights or general privacy matters, please email our Representative at email@example.com Please ensure to include our company name in any correspondence you send to our Representative.