Privacy Notice – How we use your information when you visit our website or the Airport
This policy is effective from 18 May 2018
Farnborough Airport Ltd is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
We will be transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with it.
Your personal data will be collected by Farnborough Airport who will act as the “Data Controller” at Farnborough Airport Farnborough Hampshire GU14 6XA. Registered office address:
3 Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8YZ
We have instructed GRCI Law Limited to act as our Data Protection Officer. If you have any questions or queries regarding this privacy notice or how we process your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 The types of personal data Farnborough Airport processes
The types of personal data which can be collected includes :
- National Identity Cards & Passport Numbers
- Telephone Numbers
- Bank & Credit Card Details
- Products booked and travel schedules
- Website pages viewed and emails opened and clicked
- Details of minors or person who are in your custody
- CCTV images and recordings
- Vehicle registration details
- Device information when joining our guest WIFI
- X-ray baggage scanning
- Immigration status
- Fire Service training data
- Details of your employment history, experience, and qualifications
- For issuing you will have relevant passes for access
The types of special categories of data collected includes:
- Biometrics for identification (e.g. photographs, CCTV images)
- Medical information
- Racial or ethnic information
2 The purpose and legal basis of processing personal data
Farnborough Airport collects personal information for specific purposes under a number of lawful methods of processing.
Farnborough Airport will process personal information:
- For the purpose of airport updates/events invitation under opt-in consent, contract or legitimate interest
- Gathering visitor data to our website under opt-in consent
- For the purpose of purchasing Farnborough Airport products or services under contract (e.g., fuel)
- For the purpose of purchases of third-party services under contract (e.g., laundry, taxi)
- To fulfil contractual request for specific medical assistance from us, such as the provision of wheelchair assistance as requested by you or an operator
- To enable request for information, making enquiries, reports or complaints, service improvements under the legitimate interest of the business.
- To satisfy our legal obligations
- To satisfy our obligations under Home Office and CAA regulations
- To satisfy any obligations under other official authorities
- To fulfil a contract from an operator
- To monitor and report incidents
- Detect and prevent incidents.
- To offer emergency assistance where there is a vital interest.
- To deliver training services
- To log operational complaints and investigations
In addition, when you are transiting through the airport, there may be further processing of personal information including, but not limited to:
- Your image could be captured on CCTV, landside and/or air-side, both interior and exterior to buildings and inside Farnborough Airport vehicles for security monitoring purposes under the legitimate interest of the business.
- Personal data processing by security services
- Our security gates use an Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system for security monitoring purposes under the legitimate interest of the business.
- Baggage will be scanned, images and passports / ID card will be processed for the purpose of security under legal obligations.
Where your consent has been sought, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
3 Your personal data rights
Farnborough Airport will respect all of your data subject rights. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Authenticate you as the data subject, or their agent
- Determine if a right can be administered
- Complete your request within one calendar month of receipt: and
- Communicate to you in clear and intelligible language.
These rights include (depending on the lawful basis we process your data under):
The Right to be Informed: We will keep our privacy notices up to date to ensure you receive information about how we process your personal data and allow you to make informed decisions and inform you if we process personal data that we do not receive from you directly.
The Right of Access: at any time, you can ask for a copy of your personal information. Farnborough Airport will respond with whether data is held or not. If data is held then a copy of the information and the required supplement notice will be offered to you.
Right of Rectification: allows you to submit changes to your records and once changes are verified, they will be amended on Farnborough Airport records.
Right of Erasure: if you request your data to be erased, and there is no other lawful basis to keep your data, then it will be removed.
Right to Restrict Processing: We will consider requests to limit the way in which we process your personal data.
Right to Data Portability: We will provide your data in a commonly used, machine readable format if requested.
Right to Object: You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data.
To make a request to Farnborough Airport for any personal information we may hold or any further details, either email our DPO or put a request in writing using the address below and contain the following information:
Your name and postal address
Details of your request
You must also provide:
A photocopy of your passport or driving licence, so that we can verify your identity.
Your signature and the date of the request
If you are applying on behalf of another person then signed authority from the individual is required.
Data Protection Officer
We maintain a full records of processing activities document which sets out the rights applied to each processing activity. If you require further information regarding your rights or if you want to exercise your rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
4 Retention periods
All personal data collected will not be held for any longer than is necessary. Please contact us if you require any further information regarding retention.
Data collected under consent will be used until consent is withdrawn or if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected.
Farnborough Airport are subject to various legal requirements such as the UK GDPR, DPA’18, Department for Transport, the Civil Aviation Association, and crime prevention agencies, therefore, some personal data is retained to fulfil these legal requirements.
Please note: after retention periods have expired, Farnborough Airport will be unable to reinstate the original data.
5 Failing to provide necessary personal data
Failing to provide some or all of the necessary data may result in:
- Being unable to access the airport.
- Being unable to send or receive a product or service.
- Not receiving related news, updates or notices of events.
- The operation of our website of aspects of our website may not function properly or at all.
- Not being able to progress a job application.
6 Sharing personal data
Farnborough Airport will only share personal with third parties for specific purposes, as set out in section 2. It may share personal data with its regulators, law enforcement, intelligence services and other government authorities where they require us to do so. Some personal data may be transferred outside of the EEA, we will only transfer this data if we have the correct legal mechanisms in place to lawfully allow the transfer.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
7 Information security
Storage: personal electronic records are located on servers in secure premises
Access: only personnel authorised will have access to your personal data records on a need-to-know basis.
Disclosure of personal data: we do not disclose personal data unless we’re required to do so to comply with the law, under contract, have your consent, or if it is in your vital interest. When data is transferred, we use mechanisms to maintain the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of data – as required by the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act.
8 Privacy and cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you do not accept the cookies then only the functional cookies, required to make the website function will be deployed.
You can block or enable cookies by categories within our ‘Privacy preference centre’, either by clicking ‘Cookie settings’ on the banner at the left-hand side of the page or by clicking the ‘Cookie settings’ button on the bottom of the contact us webpage. that you were visiting before viewing this policy (located at the bottom of each webpage’s footer). We regularly scan our websites to maintain an up-to-date list of cookies used to keep it as accurate as possible.
9 Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
10 Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. At the end of this privacy notice we will tell you when it was late updated.
11 EU Representation
We have appointed IT Governance Europe Limited to act as our EU representative. If you wish to exercise your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) or have any queries in relation to your rights or general privacy matters, please email our Representative at email@example.com Please ensure to include our company name in any correspondence you send to our Representative.
12 Complaints and queries
Farnborough Airport tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think or collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading, or inappropriate.
We are conscious that we may have visitors that may need additional support to understand this policy. Please contact our DPO on the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or require further explanations.
Updated July 2021