Farnborough Airport Limited (FAL) is the owner and operator of the UK’s only dedicated business aviation airport. FAL handles approximately a third of London’s business aviation traffic and is the largest in the UK. FAL owns and operates both the airport and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) facilities, making its integrated operations unique to the market. FAL has an iconic, state of the art infrastructure which is tailored to business aviation and focussed on delivering a world class customer experience. Over the years, FAL has been consistently recognised as the best FBO in Europe.
FAL operates alongside the Aviator Hampshire Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the perimeter of the airport and one of the best hotels in the area. Both companies are jointly owned by Macquarie Asset Management (MAM). MAM is one of the largest infrastructure investors in the world and has an extensive track record in airport investment and ownership. From a leadership and business perspective, FAL and the Aviator Hampshire Hotel are managed together as a Group.
Farnborough Airport limited is an equal opportunities employer, promoting diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation.
About the role
Farnborough AirportLimited is looking to recruit a proactive Ground Handler to join the wider GroundHandling team in offering a bespoke handling service to our customers.
Within this role you will work as part of a team to:
- Providing an efficient marshalling service to arriving aircraft.
- Performing aircraft pushback and towing including manoeuvring aircraft into and out of hangars.
- Undertaking a variety of manual handling activities including lifting and manoeuvring heavy objects and equipment in accordance with the safe principles of manual handling.
- Carrying out aircraft refuelling and aviation fuel quality control activities.
- Safely and efficiently servicing aircraft toilets and water supplies.
- Performing baggage handling, ensuring the safe loading, and unloading of customer luggage which may include large and oversized items.
- Carrying out aircraft de-icing (including working at heights) and de-icing quality control activities.
- Assisting where needed in conditions of adverse weather and during emergency responses.
- Providing special assistance to passengers and live animals.
- Providing support and assistance to crew and our Customer Services team where reasonably required.
- Clearly and concisely communicating through radio and telecommunication systems, computer devices and electronic reporting systems.
- Carrying out pre-use equipment inspections.
- Cleaning, inspecting, refuelling and assisting in the maintenance of Ground Service Equipment (GSE).
- Staying up to date with and completing role related or company-wide theoretical and practical training.
- Acting at all times in accordance with prioritisation and time constraints.
- Representing the Company professionally at all times.
- Adhere to Safety and Compliance standards and Environmental policies/guidelines at all times.
- Flexible in approach and able to work across a variety of shift patterns (including public holidays and weekends).
- Full UK driving license holder.
- Be able to lift passengers' bags and oversize items in excess of 20kg.
- Must be able to meet Criminal Record Check (CRC) security clearance requirements.
- Must be able to meet the requirements to obtain an Airside Driving Permit.
- Diligent in following policies and procedures.
- Literacy and numeracy skills with the ability to interpret mathematical information and perform calculations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent user of IT.
- Pro-active, can-do attitude, with the ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Previous experience of working around aircraft, ideally in a ground handling/ramp agent capacity.
- Previous experience of radio procedures.
- Knowledge of airside safety.
- LGV license or experience driving oversized vehicles.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum (pro-rata), plus statutory public holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Access to medical plan including a range of private treatments (after probation period)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme (after 9 months of employment)
- Sustainable travel scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme and helpline
- Discount on accommodation at affiliated hotel
- Discount on food/beverage at affiliated pub
- You’ll also get all kinds of other great perks, like social events and special employee offers