Farnborough Airport Limited (FAL) is the owner and operator of the UK’s only dedicated business aviation airport. FAL handles approximately a third of London’s business aviation traffic and is the largest in the UK. FAL owns and operates both the airport and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) facilities, making its integrated operations unique to the market. FAL has an iconic, state of the art infrastructure which is tailored to business aviation and focussed on delivering a world class customer experience. Over the years, FAL has been consistently recognised as the best FBO in Europe.
FAL operates alongside the Aviator Hampshire Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the perimeter of the airport and one of the best hotels in the area. Both companies are jointly owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA). MIRA is one of the largest infrastructure investors in the world and has an extensive track record in airport investment and ownership. From a leadership and business perspective, FAL and the Aviator Hampshire Hotel are managed together as a Group.
Farnborough Airport limited is an equal opportunities employer, promoting diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation.
What we are looking for:
Farnborough Airport Limited is looking to recruit an Operations Officer to work as part of the larger Operations function and report into the Terminal Operations Manager
About the role:
The Operations Officer will focus on providing a safe, fast, and efficient handling of all aircraft movements through Farnborough Airport. Prompt and accurate communication is key to the provision of excellent customer service and the base to our success. The role will be responsible for the safe and accurate sorting, collating, and transferring of technical and personal data enabling the production of the daily airport movement programme.
Within this role you will work as part of a team to:
- Provide a safe, fast, and efficient handling of all aircraft movements through Farnborough Airport
- Ensure the prompt and accurate response to all handling requests for the airport by sorting, collating, and transferring the information into the FBO’s computer system.
- Be the first point of contact for the crew and be responsible for welcoming them promptly at the operations desk in a consistently professional, friendly, and attentive manner, providing them with weather, NOTAM briefings or any appropriate ATC information.
- Communicate with incoming and outgoing aircraft and provide all services promptly as requested.
- Make sure that all flights’ data are registered into our computer system in a timely manner and participate in the implementation of new procedures for it.
- Coordinate daily payments and raise invoices for crews before departure.
- Execute clients’ requests and third -party bookings with great attention to detail and without delay (hotel, catering, transport etc.)
- Liaise with all government agencies to deliver the highest standards of personalised service without delay to passengers.
- Keep the Company database up to date with clients’ details.
- Answer all telephone enquiries in a professional and friendly manner as per our Company procedures.
- Assist the Customer Services Agents when required.
About you: Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience of working within an Aviation environment
- Full, clean driving license
- Must be able to meet CRC security clearance requirements
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills with a perfect understanding of high quality and personal service.
- Ability to work under pressure using your own initiative.
- Excellent standard of accuracy and professionalism.
- Excellent technical and computer skills.
- Ability to work shifts, including weekends.
- An understanding of airside safety requirements
- Additional spoken language/languages
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday per annum (pro-rata), plus statutory public holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme with matched contributions up to a set amount
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Company sick pay scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme and helpline
- Discount on accommodation and food/beverage at affiliated hotel and pub
- Access to discount and savings scheme
- You’ll also get all kinds of other great perks, like social events and special employee offers.
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
WE WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ONLY.