Farnborough Airport, Hampshire
Farnborough Airport, conveniently located near the heart of London, is Europe’s finest facility dedicated exclusively to business aircraft. Historic site of the famous Airshow, the airport has been developed to be the most modern and state of the art facility dedicated to business aviation in Europe.
Farnborough Airport is seeking to recruit an exceptional Operations Officer to join our Operations team. With a positive and enthusiastic approach you will be very organised and dedicated to assisting your colleagues and offering the highest level of service and commitment to all our visitors.
- Provide a safe, fast and efficient handling of all aircraft movements through Farnborough Airport
- Ensure the prompt and accurate response to all handling requests for the airport by sorting, collating and transferring the information into the FBO’s computer system
- Be the first point of contact for the crew and be responsible for welcoming them promptly at the operations desk in a consistently professional, friendly and attentive manner, providing them with weather, NOTAM briefings or any appropriate ATC information.
- Communicate with incoming and outgoing aircrafts and provide all services promptly to them
- Make sure that all flights’ data are registered into our computer system in a timely manner and participate in the implementation of new procedures for it.
- Co-ordinate daily payments and raise invoices for crews before departure
- Execute clients’ requests and third party bookings with great attention to detail and without delay (hotel, catering, transport etc.)
- Liaise with all government agencies in order to deliver the highest standards of personalised service without delay to the passengers
- Keep the Company database up to date with clients’ information
- Answer all telephone enquiries in a professional and friendly manner as per our Company procedures
- Assist the Customer Services Agents when needed
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a very busy and noisy environment. This person will have a perfect understanding of high quality and personal service, have strong interpersonal and organisational skills, and must like customer contact.
Being able to work well under pressure and multi-task are a must. Knowledge of the aviation industry is essential and a foreign language would be an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent technical and computer skills
- Commercially minded, very good presentation and communication skills
- Have perfect understanding of high quality and personal service
- Work with little supervision and on own initiative, must be pro-active
- Excellent standard of accuracy and professionalism
- Aviation and Operational experience needed
This position is on a shift work basis, including weekends. A full clean driving licence is required.
Benefits include competitive salary plus bonus, pension, life assurance, 24 days holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
Terminal Operations Deputy Manager
WE WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ONLY.