Farnborough Airport Limited (FAL) is the owner and operator of the UK’s only dedicated business aviation airport. FAL handles approximately a third of London’s business aviation traffic and is the largest in the UK. FAL owns and operates both the airport and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) facilities, making its integrated operations unique to the market. FAL has an iconic, state of the art infrastructure which is tailored to business aviation and focussed on delivering a world class customer experience. Over the years, FAL has been consistently recognised as the best FBO in Europe.
FAL operates alongside the Aviator Hampshire Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the perimeter of the airport and one of the best hotels in the area. Both companies are jointly owned by Macquarie Asset Management (MAM). MAM is one of the largest infrastructure investors in the world and has an extensive track record in airport investment and ownership. From a leadership and business perspective, FAL and the Aviator Hampshire Hotel are managed together as a Group.
Farnborough Airport limited is an equal opportunities employer, promoting diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation.
About the role
Farnborough Airport Limited is looking to recruit an Airport Operations Officer to work as part of the larger Operations function.
Within this role you will work as part of a team to:
- Ensure the prompt and accurate response to all handling requests.
- Coordinate daily movement schedule for the airport, to ensure optimum use of operational day while remaining within regulative constraints.
- Ensure relevant regulations are upheld.
- Strong attention to detail in sorting, collating, and transferring the information into the FBO’s computer system.
- Review requirements from Operators / Crews and action accordingly.
- Communicate with incoming and outgoing aircraft and provide all services promptly as requested.
- Provide a safe, fast, and efficient handling of all aircraft movements through the airport
- Execute clients’ requests including third -party bookings with great attention to detail and without delay (hotel, catering, transport etc.)
- Liaise with all operators to deliver the highest standards of personalised service without delay to passengers.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders on relevant flight requests.
- Be the first point of contact for the crew, representing the airports high standards.
- Maintain high level of professional services and attention to detail in all tasks.
- Strong administration, organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work shifts, including weekends
- An interest in aviation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Full 5 year employment/educational history required
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS certificate
- Must have resided in the UK for the last 5 years
- Previous experience in a similar Aviation Operational or customer service role
- Able to deal with unexpected situations in a calm, logical way
- Strong communication skills
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum (pro-rata), plus statutory public holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Access to medical plan including a range of private treatments (after probation period)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme (after 9 months of employment)
- Sustainable travel scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme and helpline
- Discount on accommodation at affiliated hotel
- Discount on food/beverage at affiliated pub
- You’ll also get all kinds of other great perks, like social events and special employee offers